GHD repair process
We make the repair process as quick and as straightforward as possible. We know that you want to receive your GHD's back as soon as possible that's why in most instances your GHD hair straightener is repaired and returned on the same working day we receive them. We don't charge extra for this service, it's part of our standard repair and what stands us out from the other repair sites on the internet.
Here's how the process works from start to finish
- Go to our order a repair page.
- Select the appropriate repair.
- Follow the payment instructions.
- Checkout and pay securely for your repair. Payments are securely processed using PayPal. You'll automatically be returned to our website after making your payment.
- Complete the Repair Form on the GHD Hair Straightener repair page.
- Package your GHD's up and post them to the repair address. Include a copy of your order receipt, or full name and address, so we can identify your GHD's.
- Once we receive them we will inspect the GHD's, repair the faults, test them (including a free PAT test) and securely package them back up.
- Your GHD will be returned, in most instances, the same working day by your chosen return delivery. Recorded 1st class delivery is included as standard, there is an option to upgrade this to Special Delivery return.
- You'll receive a dispatch email advising you that your GHD are on their way back to you including any relevant tracking details.
- The GHD arrive safely and you're back to having beautiful hair again.
What stands us out from the crowd
- 6 month warranty on all parts that are replaced. Our parts surpass the original quality and typically last far longer than the original items.
- In 99% of GHD repairs, 24 hour repair and return.
- PAT (portable appliance testing) included.
- No fix no fee. We will refund your payment if we cannot fix your GHD's. Typically this only occurs if the GHD are so old (10+ years) and parts are no longer available or your GHD are fake. We won't fix counterfeit GHD's and suggest you recycle the parts or throw them in the bin as they are unfit for purpose.
- 99% of GHD models repaired. Even if you have a set that is 10 years old and you don't want to say goodbye to them yet, we can still repair them. The only model we don't repair is the Eclipse model and unfortunately no other company does either.
- Secure online payments using Paypal.
- Friendly and personal company. We know how important your GHD's are to you so we will take care to ensure they are repaired efficiently and safely.
- We supply replacement parts to all our competitors. If you're going to use someone else to repair your GHD's, it's your decision at the end of the day, then we want to make sure they are using high quality replacement parts.
What we won't repair
- We are GHD hair straightener repair specialists, please ensure that your hair straighteners are the GHD brand. If you have another brand of hair straightener then contact us for further details. It's more than likely we can repair them.
- Counterfeit GHD's. They are poor quality and the parts are actually different to genuine GHD's. Please don't send any to us. If we receive some, we will return them and refund you less a £7.99 admin fee for inspection and return postage. You can waive this fee if you choose to have us destroy the counterfeit GHD's. See our blog post on fake GHD's, for further information on how to spot a fake GHD hair straightener.
- GHD's with broken or snapped arms. The repair fee does not include replacement arms. We will most likely be able to repair them but please contact us beforehand for a quote.
- We don't repair the Eclipse model of GHD. This model has also been discontinued.